2008年8月26日 星期二

God is love, God is faithful

【For Alice & Tracey】

I can not believe that I have been back to Taiwan for two weeks.

I had been worrying about my new life in Taiwan, which is expected to be extremely busy in a crowded environment with hot and humid weather. However, the weather does not bother me too much actually. What bothers me the most now is that I can not go out as often as I did in Sheffield as we live in a flat with no lift, which makes going out very difficult for me with two kids.

Therefore, coming back to Kinmen does make a difference to my daily life. Not only have a got two excellent helpers (my parents), but also gotbetter weather to stay and spacious space for Matthew to run around. Since my parents’ house is a detached one, I do not need to carry Matthew and Meg upstairs and downstairs when I want to go out, which is a big relief for me. Matthew could even ride his bicycle in the house, hence he is very happy here. So are my parents especially my Dad. Looking after two grandchildren after work is his happiest pastime. Surprisingly, Meg is very contented with my parents provided that I am not around.

It was so hard to say goodbye when I was leaving. I thought I would be absorbed in the miserable feeling that I have lost contact with friends in Sheffield for a while. In fact, the busy life in Taiwan distracts me from thinking too much about it. However, I do miss you a lot. Speaking to you on the phone last Saturday made me feel that I am still very close to you. Apart from not being able to see you face to face very often, I do not sense that you are very distant. Due to easy access to the internet, we could still keep in touch by email, blog and other media, which is good for our friendship.

You might be able to understand what life will be in Asia especially Chinese society. Every one is in a hurry, worrying that they can not catch up with others if they slow down. We tend to follow the trend as it is very difficult to “keep yourself clean in a dirty stream”. Thank God that we have found a church to attend and we could meet up with other Christian friends regularly, which is very helpful for our Christian life and for walking with God steadily. The church is very big, yet it has good service for Matthew and Meg, which is an important reason why we decide to stay.

God is gracious. He arranges my way in many aspects. He listens to my prayers. He gives me wonderful fellowship with you. Knowing both of you is one of the most valuable gifts that I got in Sheffield. I do somewhat regret that I did not make the most of the fellowship with you when I was in Sheffield, however, I do believe that this fellowship is everlasting and we will meet someday in the future.

Coincidently, I got messages from both of you asking me to update my life on my blog as often as I can, which is the greatest motivation for me to keeping writing articles. I really thank God for knowing you and thank you for what you have done to me and the role you have played in my life when I was in Sheffield. I will keep you updated with my life in Taiwan.

Love to you all.

God bless. थिस
अर्तिक्ले इस फॉर

沒有留言: